Please click on the image to enlarge it.
Poppyfield by John Waterhouse
Out of stock
John finally gained the confidence to turn to painting as a full-time position after seeing the quality and value of his work rise through doing various commissions for art collectors.
History and Background
From an early age John Waterhouse was interested in art, gaining inspiration and encouragement from his parents. Growing up in a rural Staffordshire village helped John to understand the beauty of the countryside, which he feels so important in order to portray its true character.
Ideas and Inspirations
Being close to the subject matter is of great advantage to John for the constant reference he needs to support his work. John finds that fields and trees have their own character and history, just as a person does. By taking plenty of time to study the view that. He is able to decide the areas that require toning down and the areas that need to be made more vivid, if any, in order to emphasise character.
- Free delivery in mainland UK for all but the most delicate items
- No quibble 7 day returns – We even uplift at our own expense!
- Top quality packaging and courier delivery
- Payment by phone, PayPal, bank transfer, cash or cheque.
- Do you want more pictures or information, just ask
- We are a high street gallery who has been trading over 40 years.